ACNE – Smoothing Scars
by Barbara Sutnick
What are Acne Scars?
Acne scars form when the skin becomes damaged from infected and inflamed pimples, spots, cysts, or boils. They can take the form of a raised bump in places where too much collagen was formed. Or they can appear as depressed areas in the shape of a small hole or other mark where tissue was lost. The greater the inflammation had been at the time of the breakout, the more likely it is for scarring to take place.
Even the Best Acne Scar Treatment Takes Patience!
Treating acne scars takes time. Some marks, particularly skin discoloration, will fade on their own over a period of several weeks to several months. Other scars take a similar amount of time to lighten and/or disappear even with active treatment. In the meantime, follow these two important suggestions to avoiding making your scarring worse:
Stay out of the sun! Strong sunlight can make scarring more evident
- Do not pick or squeeze pimples and cysts! This can cause the infection to worsen and spread and can also damage the collagen in your skin.
Current Medical Approaches to Acne Scar Treatment
It is important to note that scientists are still researching effective methods for treating acne scarring, and there are untold numbers of products on the market that claim to be effective against scars. Many of these contain acids that peel off a layer or layers of skin, encouraging new skin to grow in its place.
Deep peels penetrate most deeply into the skin to get to the root of acne scars. They work by breaking down proteins in the skin and stimulating production of collagen in the regenerated skin. Because they utilize strong acids in high concentrations, deep peels are similar to plastic surgery and must be carried out by a skilled and highly trained dermatologist.
A number of other rather invasive procedures are currently available that require the skill of a trained physician. These include skin needling, punch techniques, tissue augmentation, fat transfers, and laser resurfacing.
Natural Remedies that Heal Acne Scars
For those who wish to avoid placing harsh chemicals on their faces or are not interested in invasive medical treatment, the plant world is replete with amazing substances that can be extracted and then safely applied to the skin in order to disinfect and smoothe it. In fact, even those undergoing medical treatment for acne scar removal will find that complementing with natural acne treatment can enhance the effect of their medical procedures. The natural remedies mentioned below can be safely mixed together, so you can benefit from their combined positive effect.
Pure shea butter is one of the best anti-irritants and healing agents for the skin that exists in nature. It contains omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that inhibit the formation of scar tissue and protect the skin. For ideal benefit it should be applied to skin two to three times daily and not washed off.
is awonderful, naturally occurring oil that has been used for healing for over 5000 years. It is effective even against old acne scars, because of its high vitamins A and E content.
- Calendula Oil is known for its antiseptic, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. It is not surprising that clinical tests have shown it to speed up the healing process of acne blemishes and scars.
- Palm Oil is awonderful, naturally occurring oil that has been used for healing for over 5000 years. It is effective even against old acne scars, because of its high vitamins A and E content.
- Beeswax is loaded with vitamin A, which is important for regenerating the collagen that was reduced in pitted acne scars. Its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties help prevent the infections that cause and worsen scarring.
is simply an amazing acne treatment. Its antibacterial properties attack the bacteria that cause and exacerbate acne lesions. It is a natural bleaching agent that can reduce the appearance of acne scars and discoloration. Its citrus acid also gently exfoliates the skin of excess oil and dead skin cells that clog pores. A natural astringent, lemon also tightens the skin, giving it a smooth radiant look.
Derived from the southern cone marigold plant, tagetes minuta is aprecious essential oil has anti-microbial properties to keepacne flare-ups from becoming infected and scarred. It is so healing that it can also be used to treat existing scars, reducing their size and substance.
- Since the time of the ancient Greek Empire, the helichrysum plant has been sought after for its many health benefits. Known as the “Immortal Flower,” helichrysum oil can help reduce the appearance of blemishes and promote a glowing, youthful complexion.
- Derived from the southern cone marigold plant, tagetes minuta is aprecious essential oil has anti-microbial properties to keepacne flare-ups from becoming infected and scarred. It is so healing that it can also be used to treat existing scars, reducing their size and substance.
All natural and cruelty free skin care products for clear skin
SMOOTH SKIN combines all of the natural ingredients described above to help you achieve amazing look skin. Just spread it daily on your face as needed and you are well on the way to look great with clear skin.
CLEAR FACE PLUS KIT This kit contains all the products you need to achieve clear skin. It is not a drug that pretends to cure or prevent any illness but it is an amazing kit full of natural ingredients that help nourish your skin and help it look amazing.